Friday, March 9, 2012

Ragnar 2012

Woohoo we did it!!!  This was my first race/competition EVER!  I am very proud of my accomplishment.  Ragnar 2012 is a relay race of a team of 12 running 200.5 miles.   The race is about 30 hours.  It started the morning of Friday February 24 and ended in the afternoon on Saturday the 25th.  The start of the race was in Wickenburg (middle of nowhere towards the northwest) and zigzagged to the White Tanks Mountains up to New River and Anthem, down through Cave Creek and Fountain Hills and then through Scottsdale down to Tempe Town Lake.   Each runner runs 3 legs.  A leg is a set of miles.  Total, I ran 11.1 miles, Robert ran 16.9 miles, Chris ran 18ish and the rest of the miles were divided up between Matt (Robert's Uncle), Todd (Robert's cousin), Lisa and Kevin (our neighbors), Jessica (Todd's friend), Joe (another one of Todd's friends),  Doug (Kevin's coworker), Stephen (another coworker of Kevin's) and Eric (another coworker of Kevin's).   When I finished my final leg I cheered for my self.  Hollering and "woo-ing" as I enter the transition area to pass off my baton to Lisa.  It felt so great to be done with that particular leg... and to have finished the race!!  A big thanks to Shannon who watched my 3 the entire time we were gone, Greg for driving Van #1 and Julie for driving Van #2!
I got my game face on.  I was named "the happiest runner ever".
Whole team.
My Van.  They were great!
Night run.  This was at 2:45 am.  
All of us with our reflector vests on. 
Brotherly love. 
Greg pouring water on Robert.  It was HOT on Friday.  
Finish line!

No comments:

Post a Comment