Sunday, October 23, 2011

A Wonderful Vacation

Robert and I were so excited to take a vacation with no kids.  That's right- none of them.  We love all 3 of our energetic little monkeys, but I did not realize how bad I needed this vacation personally.  We went to Cardiff by the Sea which is just north of San Diego in California.  We love it there. 


Childern's Pool- La Jolla
 
Our journey went a little something like this....
fly to Cali, rented a car, went to the hotel and just chilled the whole week.  Awe.  It was so relaxing.  I have to admit it took me a day (or so) to unwind for our family life at home but once I did it was fantastic.  We ate out for all the meals.  Just eating without kids is a delacy for a mom. 

Breakast table view from the hotel



Taking a trip back to "Lindsay's land of bliss" the "warmth" of the sun on the beach, it rained for a day or so while we were there, the calming effect the ocean tides and just the quietness was so wonderful and much needed.  I really hadn't realized how much Robert and I don't get to talk when the kids are around.  Just to hangout with Robert again was so amazing.     

BEAUTIFUL sunset!
We went with some good friends of ours- Greg and Shannon and just enjoyed some great conversations and adventures with them. Adventures like reading on the beach, the boys deep sea fishing, shopping, hiking Torrey Pines, going for sushi at 9 o'clock at night, a wine tasting, etc.Thank you guys for your great company! Robert and I had a chance to drive up to Newport Beach to see Kimmy for dinner one night.  Sorry, I forgot to take a pic.  It was great to see her and Chad.  Kim is a great sister!


Wine tasting



Just being goofy

Top of Torrey Pines
 
Late night sushi dinner


This all would not have been possible without the love from so many of our family and friends.  Thank you Dad (even though you got sick), Jacque, Jihae & Chris, Lisa Ridout, Breeze, Wes, Kristen and her fellow Pote accomplices, Julie Bandara, Barb and Mom.  So THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!  You all have blessed us more than you know!!!  Enjoy the pictures of our journey. 



PS. Melanie, my other fantastic sister, is engaged!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment