I did it! I know I just said this a couple months ago with Ragnar, but now I just completed my first triathlon! It was awesome! My friend Lisa, who you see here below, said on a whim that I should join her. Well I did. This is how the race is laid out- first you swim, for me that was 150 yds. or 6 laps. After that you run from the pool to the transition area where your bike, shoes and towel are. Throw on your socks and shoes and bike for 10.4 miles, no music either- ugh. After your legs are jello, you enter back into the transition area to park your bike and start running. For me that was a short 1/2 mile. And then-- success!!
A couple of funny stories along the way.
1. I made "friends" with the girl in front of me and the one behind me (who was a bit chubby) in the line for the swim. Well, the girl in front of me did the breast stroke, which basically means it's impossible to pass her. The girl behind totally passed me as I was going to attempt to pass Ms. Breast Stroke in front of me. This caused a bottle neck as we were all stacked at the wall. And I ended up being the third one in the lane and thus the third one out of the pool. I did not win that battle.
2. During the bike ride I was going a little fast for turning the corner and went wide just as a professional at this was going to pass me. He shouts "COME ON!" I say in the sweetest, most naive voice "Sorry. This is my First race." He responded "oh, that's ok" and rode on. Almost caused a serious accident on that one.
3. Last, during the run another one of my friends started before me and I ended up passing her on the run. I was happy. I know, heartless but happy. Then, chubby girl who past me in the swim congratulated me at the finish line. Note- never underestimate a chubby girl. She schooled me. Hats off to you lady!
![]() |
| Lisa and I pre-race. |
![]() |
| Swim, swim, swimming. |
![]() |
| Woooo! I like to cheer for myself. Jihae, Shannon and Lisa were cheering pretty loud for me too. Thanks girls!! |
![]() |
| Pedal pedal. Only a bizillion more of these. |
![]() |
| Off for the run. Surprised my legs did not collapse. Although going downhill, I was moving too fast and thought I was going to eat it. |






You are one crazy lady! I'm proud of you! I could never do that. Hats off to you lady!
ReplyDelete