Each of our little monkeys has had a "medical issue" of some sort. Gabe had RSV at 3 weeks old. It is a common cold to adults but attacks the lungs of a small infant. He was hospitalized for 3 days. Robert and I took turns sleeping on the ground in his hospital room as they suctioned out his poor little lungs to get all the unwanted fluid out. He would then be sick every month for the first year of his life and have to use a breathing treatment machine 4x/day for 4 days. It was like clockwork. We had 2 ladies in an airport look at us funny while giving him a treatment before flying to South Dakota and say "valley fever. valley fever." and got up quickly and ran away. They sat a couple rows from us on the plane. It was awesome.
Corban had colic for the first 4 months of his life. He had to take a 1/2 pill in the morning and at night to stop what may have been acid re-flux (they don't know for sure). And for 4 hours a day, 8pm-midnight, every night for those 4 months, Robert and I would have to take turns bouncing him on a exercise ball so he would stop screaming.
And now Emma. Emma had a blocked tear duct which looked gross and would make her eye all watery and sometimes "goopy". She had the nickname of "goopy girl". She grew out of that. Now Emma has about 4 gross diapers a day, some which allow me the opportunity to change her sheets more often then I would like. She has had a food allergy test of 23 different foods which came back clear (no allergies), a blood test (sorry to Robert who had to take her) which showed that she does not have celiac (which means they are allergic to gluten- found in everything processed) and last we wait for the results of stool samples. Yep it's gross. Even more gross if you have to do it 2x. I will spare you the details. All I will say is the nurse told me the wrong temp to store them at and thus they would not accept them. We, meaning I, had to redo them.
Is there such thing as a perfectly healthy baby? If so, don't tell me. I will probably be mad at you.
No comments:
Post a Comment